How to install the Riso
From Digi Wiki
This guide is a step-by-step process on installing the Riso IS-300 on Apple computers.
- Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8 - http://download.riso.com/dl/contents?sitecode=us1&pagecode=USAExtnl&contentscode=0000021989
- Download the cd_105_mac_en.zip, extract and run the 10.6-10.8 package installer.
- Mac OS 10.9 - http://digi.stedwards.edu/download/MavericksRisoInstall.zip
- The Mac OS 10.9 installer is a custom installer. It will not install all the management software but will make it possible to install the printer on a Mac running 10.9 (currently unsupported by Riso). We are not responsible for any problems that may arise from running this installer.
Running the 10.9 Installer
- Download and extract the MavericksRisoInstall.zip file from digi. Double click the enclosed 'Mavericks Riso Install.dmg' to mount the disk image.
- Double click the 'riso install.command' file to run the installer. This is script which copies the software and PPD files to the correct space.
- A terminal window will open and prompt you for your password. Please input the administrator password to your computer and hit the 'return' key.
Adding the Riso Printer
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + to add the printer.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner... - the Riso will not show up during the initial scan for new hardware.
- The Add dialog box will appear.
- Click the IP button to add a printer by IP Address.
- Input the following information (Fig: Add Settings):
- In the Address: text box enter 10.7.0.54.
- Set Protocol: to Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Queue: text box enter hold.
- Make sure hold is entered lowercase - the printer will not access jobs otherwise.
- In the Name: text box enter RISO.
- In the Location: text box enter Arts 115
- Change the dropdown menu for Use: from Generic Postscript Printer to Select Software....
- The Printer Software dialog will open.
- Type riso into the filter.
- Select RISO IS300-G v1.1 (2-color) and click OK.
- You will be brought back to the Add dialog. Click the Add button.
- If the Riso and IS-300 are disconnected from the network, you will get the following error message:
- "Unable to verify the printer on your network."
- If you get this message, simply click Continue to install the printer.
- A window with printer options will appear - Setting up 'RISO'
- Set Job separator: to Managed by plug-in.
- Set High Speed to Managed by plug-in.
- Set Version: to 1.1.98
- These options should be the default options.
- Click OK and the installer will complete. At this point the Riso is set up and ready to use.
- A wiki on using the riso will be created shortly.