Epson Printer Utility 3
You will be using the Epson Printer Utility to help maintain the Epson printers in the digi labs. Please perform nozzle checks using the utility rather than from the printer itself to save ink.
1) Start Epson Printer Utility 3. - fig. 1
2) Before the main menu appears, the application will give you a list of printers to choose from. - fig.2
3) In the printer maintenance window, you will have several options for the care of the printer. - fig.3
1) You can use the status monitor to see if any of the printers are low on ink or have other issues - fig.4
2) If the printer is low on ink, clicking the Next button will show you which inks are low or need to be replaced. - fig.5
Nozzle Check & Head Cleaning
1) Click the Print button so you can manually inspect the nozzle check print out for broken or missing lines. - fig.6
2) The application will show you a sample of what the nozzle check should look like. Run another check or a Head Cleaning if there are issues. - fig.7
3) Click the Next button to start the Head Cleaning. - fig.8
4) The application will show you the status of the head cleaning. - fig.9
5) Click the confirmation button to make sure the cleaning was successful. If you are sure it was, click Finish. - fig.10
Print Head Alignment
1) Click the 'Next' button to skip the first dialog. - fig.10
2) The application will remind you to have paper in the tray or on the roll before you begin. As the alignment prints, the printer will automatically adjust itself if needed. - fig.11
1) On the printer itself, open the menu.
2) Select Menu > Maintenance > PWR CLEAN > Y
3) Follow the steps on the screen.