1 Finish editing your image in Photoshop
- Resize if necessary
- Flip the image on the horizontal axis
2 Ask Lab Monitor on Duty to load Digital Negative Printer (Epson 4880)
3 Open 'Print Tool'
4 Open image (2 ways)
- File -> Open Image
- Drag and drop on to print canvas
- You can open multiple images to print at once
5 Select Printer 'Quad4880-PiezoDNp2'
6 Make sure scale is set to 'Inches'
7 Click 'Paper & Print Settings' Button
- Select Paper Size
- If using the roll of Pictorico OHP, paper width of 17 inches is required with a length of 7 inches or more.
8 Change from Layout to QuadToneRIP
- A Set Mode to 'QuadTone RIP 16-bit'
- B Set Curve 1 to desired process
- C Set Curve 2 and Curve 3 to None
- D Un-check 'Split-Tone'
- E Set Paper Feed
- Roll Feed (Cutter On) for roll media
- F Set Resolution
- 1440 super for up to 11x17
- 2880 for anything 11x17 or larger
- G Set Speed
- Uni-Direction (same as un-checking High Speed in the Epson Driver)
- H Click 'Save' button to return to Print-Tool
9 Edit Position and scaling of image(s)
- Drag the sides and corners to adjust the size of the image.
- Change the width and height in the Image Position and Scaling section.
- Change the scale factor in the Image Position and Scaling Section.
- There are options to change the scale percentage or use the scaling buttons below this section.
- Change the Pixels/Unit amount in the Image Position and Scaling Section.
10 Color Management Settings:
- A Set to 'Print Driver Managed'
- B Un-check 'Epson ABW Mode'
- C Un-Check 'Negative'
- D Leave prefs at default
- E Auto 8/16 Bit
11 Click 'Run Print'
- Print Driver will re-open
- Can review print settings to double-check and click 'Print'
- Make sure transparency media (Pictorico OHP) is loaded in printer